“Politically exposed persons” according to art. 36 of the AML act are individuals, who currently or within the recent 12 months have been entrusted with prominent the following public functions:
- heads of State, heads of government, ministers and deputy ministers or assistant ministers;
- members of parliament or of other legislative bodies;
- members of supreme courts, of constitutional courts or of other high-level judicial bodies, the decisions of which are not subject to appeal, except in exceptional circumstances;
- members of a court of auditors;
- members of the boards of central banks;
- ambassadors and charges d’affaires;
- high-ranking officers in the armed forces; members of the administrative, management or supervisory bodies of State-owned enterprises and wholly State-owned commercial corporations;
- municipality mayors and deputy mayors, borough mayors and deputy mayors and chairpersons of a municipal council;
- members of the governing bodies of political parties; heads and deputy heads of international organisations, members of the management or supervisory bodies at international organisations or persons performing an equivalent function in any such organisations.
(3) The categories defined in Items 1 to 7 above shall include, mutatis mutandis and if applicable, positions in the institutions and bodies of the European Union and in international organisations.
(4) The categories defined in Items 1 to 8 above shall not cover middle-ranking or more junior officials.
(5) “Closely linked” individuals shall be considered:
- the spouses or the de facto cohabitants;
- the first-degree descendants and the spouses or the de facto cohabitants thereof;
- the first-degree ascendants and the spouses or the de facto cohabitants thereof;
- the second-degree correlative relatives and the spouses or the de facto cohabitants thereof;
- any individuals who is known to have joint beneficial ownership with any individual, who comes under the category “politically exposed person”, of a legal person or other legal entity or to be in other close commercial, professional or other business relationships with individuals, who comes under the category “politically exposed person”.
- any natural person who has sole ownership or sole beneficial ownership of a legal entity or other legal entity which is known to have been set up for the benefit of any individual, who comes under the category “politically exposed person”.
If you fall into the category of "politically exposed person" or you are closely linked to such a person within the meaning of Article 36 of the AML act, you need to download the declaration from this article, fill it in and sign it manually, then send it to us at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.